CH-8952 Schlieren (Zurich)
As a specialist for optoelectronic system modules, we collaborate closely with innovative system providers in the area of in-vitro diagnostics and life sciences research. We develop and produce solutions tailored to the needs of our customers and their applications. www.volpi-group.ch / www.volpi-group.us
As an addition to our Systems Engineering team we are looking to immediately recruit a
Your main functions:
- Technical support of sales in the area of the development and manufacturing of optoelectronic modules for clinical diagnostics (IVD).
- Understanding of customer applications and the technical-organizational requirements for projects in regards to product development.
- Concept designs in cooperation with customers and specialists from our engineering team, and if applicable assessment of the technical feasibility including calculations and laboratory setup.
- Facilitation of workshop and consulting of customers, e.g. for supporting the innovation process.
- Planning of development projects considering requirements and boundary conditions of customers, according to Volpi's product development process and knowledge base.
- Description of the technical content of offers (scope, time, cost).
- Support the continuous improvement of Volpi's business processes.
- Several years of experience in development of complex opto-electronic products with a focus on optical measurement technology: Fluorescence (microscopy), absorption/transmission, spectrometry and/or imaging techniques.
- Experience in the development of IVD products under ISO 13485 is an advantage.
- Inspiring customers and willingness to design commercially successful products.
- Talent for sales, enjoying dealing with people and good communication skills.
- Commitment and self-motivation in connection with a high level of reliability.
- Sound knowledge of small group moderation methods (including visual facilitation) to identify key requirements.
- Tools from the areas of requirements engineering, design thinking, agile project management and LEAN are part of your everyday methodical approach to work.
- Willingness to travel, mainly to the USA and within Europe, approx. 30-40%.
- Completed technical-scientific university degree, preferably with a master’s or doctorate degree (biochemistry, electrotechnology, mechatronics, physics, or similar).
What we offer:
A variety of tasks with the ability to work autonomously and the potential for growth in a dynamic and international working environment. You can expect a highly motivated, supportive team and attractive and entrepreneurial employment conditions as well as in-depth professional development opportunities. You will work at one of our sites as coordinated, either in Schlieren/Zurich or in Auburn/NY.
Are you interested in this creative challenge? We are looking forward to receiving your complete application by e‑mail.